Publishing / Business / Legal
Guides, & steps, along with contact information for Games Developers wanting to publish their games digitally up on either EA’s Origin’s Service, or GameStop’s Impulse Service.
- How to publish your games on EA’s Origin Service.
- How to publish your games on GameStop’s Impulse Service.
- How to publish your games digitally on GOG (Good Old Games). GOG is an alternative, or in addition to, being able to publish ones games up on other services such as Valve’s Steam, Electronic Art’s Origin, or GameStop’s Impulse service.
Globally, there are a number of ratings boards that are generally required for retail distribution or are required by members of certain trade organizations (like the ESA in the United States). In some countries, ratings are legally enforced at a retail level and/or with publishers/developers.
The process of submitting games for ratings varies from territory to territory in terms of necessary materials, costs and effort required. Before embarking upon publishing efforts (including digital distribution) it is advisable to submit for ratings in intended territories of distribution.
Here are some links to the key ones to be aware of:
- United States & Canada - ESRB Homepage | ESRB Ratings Guide | ESRB Rating Process | Register for an ESRB Account | ESRB Wikipedia
- Pan-European - PEGI Homepage| PEGI Wikipedia
- Germany - USK Homepage | USK Wikipedia
- Brazil - DJCTQ/DEJUS (Government Agency) | DJCTQ Wikipedia
- Australia - Australia Classification Board Homepage | Australia Classification Board Wikipedia